Well Rachel got her first bee sting today and thank God she isn't allergic to bees!
It was such a beautiful day yesterday and I just wanted
to spend some time with the kids instead of being stuck in front of the
computer editing pictures and before I had to go to work @ the YMCA.
So, we got on our swimsuits and went for a swim in the pool. The water was way
to cold for me, but I did brave staying in for about 3o minutes and then
had to get out. It was very hot sitting in the sun so I warmed up real quick.
We decided to have lunch on the blanket outside, PB&J and lays Natural SeaSalt Potato Chips.
While we were sitting there eating our lunch the breeze that was blowing
blew out one of the inner tubes that was in the pool.
Rachel wanted to go get it and put it back. As she was running I
told her watch out for bees, because there is a lot of clover
that has overtaken our lawn. She said "I am mom."
As she was running back to the blanket that is when she stepped
right on a bee. She didn't yell or cry til she got to the blanket and was
trying to figure out what was in her foot, the stinger. Well she started screaming
what is that what is that! I told her that she got stung by a bee and that
I had to get the stinger out with tweezers, well that did not go over very
well. I had to hold her foot as tight as I could while she was trying to get
up and run away from me! We got the stinger out and put and ice cube on it first,
then we soaked her foot in a little container of baking soda and water, and then put
I use it on everything from cuts, burns, insect bites it is great!
But man you would have thought I was killing her.
I am glad the neighbors weren't home (: